Mission 2


Culture Mission

Process:
For this second mission, it was more clear to me what I wanted to choose, as I was reading through the list of missions the “Youtubing” really stood out to me and that’s what I picked for the reasons of using it everyday watching videos and listening to music.
Starting off with this first mission I began to read and understand the basic brief of what I was entitled to do for this, I got to understand it more clearly by reading it over and over again and once I did that the idea came to my head straight away of what I wanted to base it around. So of course, because it was YouTube, it was only right to make a channel and do a YouTube video.
To start off I partnered up with one of the girls from my group in which we both had a similar interest in YouTube with watching bloggers and comedians  for instance, like Ellie Kelly and James Corden (An Irish influencer and an English comedian actor/late night host), but we needed 3 or 4 people in the group so to find another person who wanted to do YouTube was pretty simple, we just texted into our class WhatsApp group and got a reply straight away.
First off we made a group chat with the three of us to decide who was going to do what because it is difficult meeting up in college as people may have somewhere to be/ might go early so this was the easiest for us in this sense. We all threw in ideas for the presentation on what it should include, and of course the headings were going to be the history, people who made it big on YouTube who were also Irish and topical/ big events that were on it at that present time. As we all had different interest we just decided to talk about a lot of things.
We wrote down a list of who would do what work for the presentation along with who would work with the YouTube video.

Product:
Firstly, to start off this module we decided to do the PowerPoint presentation first, just so we got it done and we could focus on the video. I met up with Ava in college and we went through exactly what we wanted to talk about in the presentation and what work we would do for it. I knew straight away there was a lack of teamwork and communication but things like this happen in group work and I didn’t want to just slack and do nothing about it so I tried my best to keep on top of my part of the work. As already discussed, I basically went through everything with Ava and that day, we made a YouTube chanel dedicated to our group and tried out making a few videos. One video we made was a vlog but it didn’t make the cut of the chanel because we thought it was it wasn’t the best. As we were finding it difficult on what to record, I volunteered that I would just do the video because I didn’t mind making one myself as Ava was going to do the presentation. We then got in contact with the other group member who had done his part of the work in which he sent to us and Ava put his part into the presentation slideshow, as we all had our own piece in the presentation.
To begin with the video, because my hobbies and interest are girly things like beauty and social media, I decided to do the video one a makeup tutorial/grwm (“get ready with me”) and I asked the other group members was it okay and the approved of it.
I made the video with an app on my phone called iMovie’s, as it’s what I heard other influencers use to make YouTube videos as well as Instagram videos and I payed for a song off Apple Music to go along with it. My sister volunteered to be my model for this as she was going out that night, so it was a win-win situation for both of us. I didn’t want the video to be too serious, so I did leave in humorous parts and I also edited the video then using the iMovie App


Reflection:
Now to reflect on this assignment, I believe you can see the number of hours and work that we dedicated to it yet it didn’t all tie up together. After speaking to Shaun and him giving us feedback it opened my eyes to what we really had to do, so by us talking about the history, then the slides of the biggest fight with two famous youtubers KSI and Logan Paul, to then the actual video being a makeup tutorial it didn’t all make that much sense, it would of made more sense if we did the whole presentation about like famous makeup artists/influencers or even if we did it on something completely different but it just showed the lack of communication and teamwork really, although I was happy with my work that I did it just didn’t all tie in together.
From that, I now know what to do in my upcoming assignment and how I should go about it, it should all make sense and tie in together and not be so too broad.

Comments

Popular Posts